Saturday, March 22, 2008

There's a first time for everything....

As promised in the post below, here is the follow-up post about Amber's first haircut. Things started off well enough...

the bib's a little too big, but ok...

the "windblown look" isn't exactly Amber's style
(check out Andrew's smile in the background)


just a little off the back...


...and the sides

sooo glad we're done =)


I love the wording: "has bravely met all the requirements..."

And just in case you were wondering (you know you were...) if Amber looks more like Mom or Dad, here is a picture of me (Vanesa) at her age, and I had even less hair than she does!




2 comments:

Joe and Joanne said...

Oh - look at her face in that 'windblown' picture! She looks completely shocked. Poor dear!

There's a fun little game on line to 'measure' how much your child looks like the Mom or the Dad, have you done it yet? If not, it's definately not scientific in my opinion, but fun: http://www.myheritage.com/look-alike-meter
I definately see a resemblance between you and Amber, but there is also definate Andrew in her. She looks like a good mix of both!

Vanesa said...

Hi Joanne!

Amber isn't a fan of people spraying /pouring water on her. She hates it when I rinse her hair during baths! I took the picture right after the stylist sprayed her hair, and she thought it would be fun to do a "mohawk / crazy" hairdo, but Amber was having none of it.

Thanks for the link to www.myheritage.com! I think we may have tried it in the past, but I don't remember what the meter said. We'll have to try again. =)

Vanesa