Thursday, December 11, 2008

Forward and Back - Halloween '08

Well, I'm going back a bit so I can move forward (with blogposting) without skipping over the past two months...

First, right after Amber's birthday, we had the Linder Ward Halloween party. Amber had received dress up clothes for her birthday, so we decided to make a costume out of them. She looked quite precious as a little Tinkerbelle (not that I'm biased or anything).
Our cute little Tinkerbelle

...and her sparkly wings

Practicing her pageant wave with Dad during the parade...

Suzie and Amber looking for lollipops in the pool o' popcorn
(although they were mostly just eating the popcorn)

On Halloween night, for the first time since we moved to Meridian, we went trick-or-treating instead of passing out candy. At first I wasn't too sure we would go. Amber was all dressed up and loved it, but any mention of the words "trick-or-treat" or just "treat" made her cry. Eventually we just told her we would just "go for a walk". I guess that was the magic password, because she rushed to the door saying "Walk? Walk?" And off we went... Amber had some candy that night and in the few days that followed, but let's face it, at her age, most of the candy goes to Mom and Dad =).

Here's our little Tinkerbelle* after an exhausting (trick-or-treating) "walk"

* By the way, did you know that Andrew's nickname as a kid (and teenager) was Tinker? It's true =) And he's told me time and again that they gave him that name because he liked "tinkering" with stuff. I don't know....I think it was because of his last name. You know...Tinker Bell... and yes, he may get mad at me for divulging this well kept family secret, but hey, he doesn't read this blog that often. It will be a while... ;)

2 comments:

Joe and Joanne said...

Very fun post Vanesa! I had no idea Andrew was called "Tinker" as a child - that's so funny!

Hey, just by way of FYI in case you receive notices about this in your inbox, but in an effort to make myself more anonymous on the web I went and deleted all my posts mid-January '08 and past that were posted under my full name. This to prevent 1001 links coming up on google when my name is typed in. :) All other comments posted just as "Joanne" however, I've left of course. Just didn't want you to think I was offended in any way - just a large project to protect my identity.

Have a wonderful Christmas!

Love you to and Andrew and Amber.

Nate and Lana Hope said...

So cute! She is so sweet! Now I want to call her tinker! :)