Wednesday, December 24, 2008

My favorite Christmas stuff

And now that we've covered the past 3 months, I can share with you some of my favorite Christmas songs and movies (or I guess they're songs IN movies). Anyway....





Hugh Grant as Britain's Prime Minister
after he stands up to a bullyish US President (Billy Bob Thornton...yeah, I know)
(Love Actually *)





The Christmas school show / play in Love Actually *
The little spiky-haired drummer learns to play drums to impress Joanna, the singer
(and yes Joanne, that's Alan Rickman and Emma Thompson, as husband and wife)






The Paris "BellHarmonic" led by Quasimodo in a rendition of " Carol of the Bells"
(Will Vinton's Claymation Christmas)




More Claymation with the Three Wise Men and their smooth singing camels



What list could be complete without The Muppets ?
Bob (Kermit) Cratchit's family singing "Bless Us One and All" in
The Muppet Christmas Carol






And since we will be getting (yet) more snow on Christmas Day, here is my finale,
"White Christmas"


* If you'd like to watch Love Actually, I strongly suggest you watch the network version or certain cable versions (like on TBS) instead of renting the DVD. The movie is rated R (yes, I know, I'm evil). Although it has some very cute scenes, it also has some scenes that are not so great (and unnecessary in my opinion...)

3 comments:

Joe and Joanne said...

:) LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing these Vanesa. Go Hugh! I've never seen 'Love Actually,' actually - but I really want to. Everyone, once they find out I'm dead gone on Alan Rickman always without fail tell me to watch that show. If you have a good sensored version (or know where I can get a good sensored version) I'm totally on it!

Ah...Alan...Mr. Sheriff of Nottingham...my one true love. ;) I guess if he's going to play husband across from anyone but me, I'm okay with it being Emma Thompson. :)

Elizabeth Peterson said...

Cute movie scenes. I really wish cleanflicks was still around because that is how we got to see alot lof movies...like Love Actually. Although it was so long ago I have no recollection of any of it!

drb42 said...

I love the hugh grant video clip! Yes, he is hot!